Lumberjanes issues 1-7 (7 points)

 I thought Lumber Janes was an alright read. It’s not really my sort of thing, but it was pretty light hearted fun, and I can see why people like it and why it's important to some people. It reminds me a lot of Adventure Time or that general era of cartoons in its absurdist humor like when the statues come to life and flex with their bulging muscles in the 3rd issue, or how the Yeti is drawn with a heart tattoo and mustache. They also use vocabulary like “what the junk?” and do all sorts of random action things-Ripley specifically- like biting a dinosaur. They also make pop culture references like in the 2nd issue when Mal is talking about the discovery channel’s river monsters. There’s actually quite a bit of pop culture references: like in the 5th issue it references a shot in Jurassic Park, in the 3rd Issue there are some Indiana Jones references like when Molly goes to grab her raccoon hat from under the closing doors, and I think Ripley’s name is in reference to Alien. I thought it was interesting how it was revealed that all of the strange three eyed creatures were actually a task related to Apollo and Athena. It somewhat puts into context the statutes and stuff in issue 3. As mentioned earlier, I can see why this comic is important to people because it gives younger girls role models and representation with strong and fun likeable characters. So although it personally doesn’t resonate with me, I can understand the appeal to some readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tits and clits (3 points)

Killing Joke(2 points)

EC Comics( 2 points)