Megg, Mogg, and Owl (5 points)

 I liked Megg, Mogg, and Owl. I found it really funny and easy to read. The humor works for me because it is really crass and weird, but it doesn’t try too hard. Like some instances I found really funny are when Owl is in the hospital when he gets his beak smashed and he calls WW Jones’ kids “repulsive” and says “you offend me.” I just found it really funny because you have this really uptight character, and he just doesn’t care anymore. I also thought the characters themselves were interesting, and I liked how there was somewhat of a narrative thread to them. Although it was mostly episodic, events would happen, and characters would reference or still be hurt by them like you see Mogg and Megg’s relationship start to deteriorate starting with WW spanking Megg. This followed by them going to couples therapy, and Megg having sex with Booger. Also during their Amsterdam trip they can’t really stand each other, or just being by themselves without their antidepressants. That was another aspect I liked about it. Like the characters are all pretty messed up internally, but it’s never played too self serious. Megg and Mogg are depressed stoners and alcoholics. WW is a volatile drug addict with many STDs, and rabid children. He’s really just a piece of shit in general haha, but does care about his friends. He just doesn’t really know how to. Owl is a more normal, albeit a bit of a buzz kill. I think he sort of grounds the story. I also thought it was funny how he’s basically the punching bag of the group, and it's played to almost a cruel degree. He can’t catch a break at all. I also liked the really absurd moments like when Megg becomes “too aware of herself” or when reality starts to melt around her at the end. Overall I thought it was a really fun read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tits and clits (3 points)

Killing Joke(2 points)

EC Comics( 2 points)